Sunday, March 14, 2010

Abdomen Pain - In Real Time

I now see an Osteopath on a regular basis. Osteopaths are medical doctors who are trained to diagnose and cure ailments according to the "inter-relationship of the body's nerves, muscles, bones and organs"*. This type of medicine is generally more hands-on and holistic that traditional western medicine.

During the visits, my doctor and I talk about my long- and short-term health issues as my doctor manipulates my body. In my last visit, we talked about my attempt at a raw foods diet and how horrible I felt after starting to eat nuts and large amounts of citrus. I told my doctor that I was suspicious of of the nuts and citrus causing my abdomen pain and twitching eye, but that I was unsure. I told him that the abdomen pain only decreased while not sitting in my chair at work and while doing yoga. He suggested that my abdomen pain might be related to my back issues.

It has been over three weeks since I stopped eating nuts and over a week since I stopped eating citrus. I still have abdomen pain and eye twitches; but I have been charting them with my continuing back/hip pain and tightness. As of now, it looks promising that the abdomen pain is related to my back/hip issues.

In addition to doing yoga, I have started (painfully) deep stretching of my hips and pelvis. We shall see...

*http://www.osteopathic.org/index.cfm?PageID=ost_main

No comments:

Post a Comment