Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Parasites & Nightshades

My feet were cold - something which is unusual for men - but my body was hot. My abdomen previously hurt. I have an excess of heat. These are symptoms. The potential cause - a parasite.

I recently finished taking a course of herbs called Wu Mei San. They tasted horrible. I tried to make a hot tea - awful. I tried to make a cold tea - worse. I tried to pour the powder past my taste buds through a straw - trial failed. I tried to pour the powder past my taste buds via a spoon - trial succeeded, power clogged my throat making it difficult to breathe for what seemed like a minute, powder burned my throat, came out of my nose. I bought some empty gel caps and spent a few hours filling them. Success at last.

My diet was significantly restricted while on the herbs. I hadto eat a bland diet without allergenic foods, fermented foods, foods containing yeasts or mushrooms, all sugars and sweets, and sweet/sour foods such as tomatoes and oranges. I was constantly hungry despite the volume of food that I ate (which was substantial).

While on the diet (and herbs) my energy level skyrocketed. Some nights I did not sleep very well. It didn't matter. I had plenty of energy at work. My acupuncturinst thinks it my be nightshades (tomatoes, eggplant, chilies, tomatillos, potatoes, etc.). I am going to add nightshades to my list of foods not to eat to see if my energy returns. Hopefully, I can get my energy back...

No comments:

Post a Comment