Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Goods (Recipe) - Grilled Flank Steak w/ Chimichurri Sauce

This dish is in homage to a dish that Ingrid and I had on a visit to Eugene, Oregon a number of years ago.  This was one of our first experiences at a farm to table restaurant (Adam's Sustainable Table - no longer open) and we were blown away by the simple but incredibly flavorful approach to food.  Ingrid and I prefer grass-fed beef - as it is higher in Omega 3 fatty acids than corn-fed beef and comparable cuts are usually much more tender.    

1 Flank Steak (though any steak will
do)
Salt
Pepper

Chimichurri Sauce (click here for the recipe)

(1) Start your grill.  Though more labor intensive, I prefer a charcoal grill as it imparts a little more flavor.

(2) Season both sides of the flank steak with salt and pepper.

(3) Grill steak until done to your preference.  I prefer medium rare, though truth be told I'll eat steak at any level of doneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment