Thursday, November 6, 2014

Allergen-Free Thanksgiving

Since I began experimenting with dietary sources of inflammation, my mother and mother-in-law tried incredibly hard to provide allergen-free alternatives for me during the holidays.  But with my changing list of excluded foods, it was impossible for them to keep up.  I either didn't eat the items they specifically made for me (and appeared ungracious) or I indulged and felt ill - not an easy choice.  To help anyone in the same circumstance and in honor of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, I have decided to devote a number of upcoming blogs to allergen-free recipes using classic Thanksgiving ingredients.  Each recipe is entirely free the seven common food allergens and food allergens suspected by the alternative medical community.  Below is the preliminary allergen-free Thanksgiving menu.  If I can get to more dishes in the coming weeks, I'll update this post as the menu expands.  Happy cooking!

 

ALLERGEN-FREE THANKSGIVING MENU - 2014

MAIN

Roasted Turkey w/ Giblet Gravy

 

 

 

SIDES

Cranberry Sauce w/ Apricots and Strawberries






Faux Mashed Potatoes (Cauliflower and Sweet Potato)









Butternut Squash w/ Pumpkin Seeds








Sauteed Green Beans w/ Garlic

 

 



Roasted Brussels Sprouts

 

 

 

 

SALAD

Candied Pumpkin Seed, Pear, and Spinach Salad

 

 

 

DESSERT

Apple Crumble

No comments:

Post a Comment