Monday, November 3, 2014

Allergen-Free Recipe - Slow Roasted Cauliflower

Instead of avoiding vegetables that don't suit my tastes, I've decided to challenge my investigative and culinary skills to finding and creating dishes that not only change that perception but become everyday favorites.  Cauliflower is one such vegetable.  On the way home from work one day, I heard Yotam Ottolenghi (author of Plenty More) describing his myriad of uses for Cauliflower.  One suggestion he mentioned on the radio was slow roasted cauliflower.  I bought Plenty More hoping to experiment with some of his cauliflower dishes but was disappointed to find there were none.  So I got into the kitchen and started experimenting.  Below are the results - a basic but incredibly flavorful slow roasted cauliflower that brings out the inherent sweetness of the vegetable. 

1 Head Cauliflower
1/4 c. Olive Oil
Salt
Lemon Juice (Optional)





(1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

(2) Slice Cauliflower into 3/4" slices.  Lay on a baking sheet in one layer and slather with olive oil on each side.  Season with salt and bake for 1.5 - 2 hours.

(3) Remove from oven and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice, if desired (I would recommend).

No comments:

Post a Comment